Train of the Year
This new award covers all types of train and rolling stock, both passenger and freight. The winning entry could be a new build, a refurbishment or upgrade, maintenance of existing stock or to a programme to improve rolling stock performance. The entry must show that it delivers customer satisfaction, improved safety and value for money as well as engineering excellence and technical performance.
Who should enter?
Entries can be submitted by manufacturers, train operators, train maintainers or customers/funders/owners including ROSCOs. Both new and exsiting trains may enter.
The judges will be looking at factors including the following:
- What logistical or engineering challenges had to be overcome?
- In particular, what customer benefits are being (or will be) delivered? How will these be sustained?
- Have technical targets been met or exceeded?
- How is service reliability being sustained/improved?
- Has the entry improved safety and value for money?
- Have new standards been set for others to follow?
The entries should give quantified evidence in support of these criteria.
Enter an Award
Book a table
Back to Award criteria